COVID-19 (Novel Corona Virus) AND CHILD CARE CENTERS
- NEW INFORMATION FROM MSDE!!! COVID-19 GUIDANCE For Child Care Facilities
- The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) developed Maryland Together: Maryland’s Recovery Plan for Child Care, a plan to continue and expand child care during the COVID-19 Pandemic. As the State entered the first recovery stage, MSDE announced the immediate start of a transition phase for child care, expanding access to child care to include families returning to work under Governor Hogan’s latest Executive Order. Maryland Together: Maryland’s Recovery Plan for Child Care
- The Maryland Together: Recovery Plan for Education contains a wealth of information that can be used as a point of reference by school leaders, students, and school communities. Maryland Together:Maryland’s Recovery Plan for Education
- Class sizes in child care centers are now expanded to a maximum of 15 individuals per classroom with a ratio of no more than 1:14 for three and four year-olds. This is a temporary relaxing of the regulations.
- Family child care programs are limited to no more than 8 children at one time and no more than 15 persons total including residents.
- Family child care programs may serve different children on different days.
- They may also serve up to 8 children at one time in the evening and on weekends.
- All child care programs must continue to adhere to group size allowed for by age in licensing regulations.
COVID-19 (Novel Corona Virus) Possible Exposure AND CHILD CARE CENTERS
- Please see the below link/resource regarding the Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) and guidance for schools/child care centers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Child Care Aware
If you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in your center please click here for more information.
On Wednesday, June 4th, 2020 Governor Larry Hogan announced that Maryland is now in Phase 2 of our roadmap to Recovery. Please click here for the complete executive order.
- For more information about COVID-19 in Maryland, including new executive actions from the Governor, please use the link below:
- For general information regarding COVID-19 please use the link below: