LOCATE: Childcare provides a variety of information and services for families. Trained parent counselors are available to help you with your parenting questions and concerns. Some of the issues we can help you with include:
- Assistance in locating child care providers in your area that meet your family’s specific needs.
Call LOCATE: 1-877-261-0060
- Information about quality care for children
- Child care checklists to assist you on visits to child care programs
- Help determining if your family is eligible for subsidized care
To complete an online search for child care, parents can visit Maryland Family Network.
Searching for School-Age Child Care and Activities? Try these links:
ARUNDEL CHILD CARE CONNECTIONS IS PROUD TO PRESENT:
THE CHICAGO PARENT PROGRAM
What is the Chicago Parent Program?
The Chicago Parent Program is a 8-session group-based parenting program designed to strengthen parenting skills and communication and improve young children’s behavior.
How does the Chicago Parent Program work?
The weekly 2-hour Chicago Parent Program sessions are delivered by trained group leaders guided by The Chicago Parent Program Group Leader Manual (2nd edition). Parents learn during highly interactive group sessions using video examples of parents managing common but often challenging parenting situations at home and in public, group discussion and problem-solving, role play, and practice activities.
What are the benefits of the Chicago Parent Program?
Parents who participated in the Chicago Parent Program had:
- Improvements in children’s behavior problems (based on independent observations, teacher ratings, and parent-report)
- Reductions in parents’ use of corporal punishment
- Increases in parents’ consistency with discipline
- Increases in parenting confidence
- Improvements in children’s behavior in the classroom based on teachers’ report of behavior problems
- Equivalent benefits compared to other evidence-based programs but greater parent satisfaction and at lower cost
Other important information:
- This is an eight (8) week program. Classes will be held via webinar every Tuesday 5:00 PM-7:00 pm, beginning July 7th, 2020.
- You must be present and participate in all of the workshops to receive a certificate.
For more information please contact our office training coordinator or ECMH staff:
Heather Pendleton- Training Coordinator email@example.com
Tya’ Burris– CHAMPS Behavior Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Danequa Offei– CHAMPS Behavior Specialist email@example.com
Or call our office (443) 782-5001
THE CHICAGO PARENT PROGRAM Registration form
Check our helpful links page for more resources for parents and families.