On May 5, babies & families from all 50 states & the District of Columbia will descend on Capitol Hill for ZERO TO THREE’s annual national Strolling Thunder™ event! The families will meet with their Members of Congress to remind them to invest in their youngest constituents.
We need your help! Do you know a family from Maryland with a Paid Leave and/or Child Care story who would be excited to travel to Washington, DC with their baby or toddler to urge Congress to be champions for babies?
There is no experience necessary & ZERO TO THREE will cover all travel costs for a parent, their children under age three, & an adult travel companion to assist with child care. They’ll also provide guidance, training, & support to families before, during & after their trip.
If you know a family who may be interested, please have them fill out this interest form by Friday, February 7: http://bit.ly/35ENz2k. If you or they have any questions, please read ZERO TO THREE’s FAQ or feel free to contact email@example.com. ZERO TO THREE will follow up with everyone who expresses interest by late March to let them know if they have been selected.
Help us make babies’ potential a national priority by sharing with your networks! Stay tuned for many more opportunities to urge your policymakers to Think Babies & Act™!
UPDATED: Maryland Child Care Regulations
- Rental or Lease Properties: Form 1296 must be signed by anyone applying for a registration. For those currently operating a child care program in a rented or leased property, this form must be submitted prior to your anniversary month.
- Pool Regulation: All providers with a pool must meet the new regulation by May 15, 2020, prior to summer. This will be enforced during inspections after this date. If you have not applied for the Family Child Care Provider Grant, you can apply for up to $500 to defer some of the cost.
- Criminal Background Checks (CBCs)/RAP Back: Maryland currently has a waiver for the full implementation of the CBC’s. The waiver has granted the providers the ability to “watchdog” an employee until CBC’s are received until September 30, 2020. ALL Providers must be fingerprinted for the Rap Back program immediately.
- Medical Evaluations: For child care centers only, by September 1, 2020, medical evaluations must have been conducted within 5 years of the previous medical evaluation. If a center staff person has not had a medical evaluation in 6 years or more, they must have a new one by September 1, 2020. If they have one conducted in the last 2 years, they would not need one for 3 more years.
- Health & Safety Training Requirements: H&S training must be completed within 90 days of employment if hired or registered after January 13, 2020. If not completed by current/active providers/staff, it must be completed by June 30, 2020.
In the event of inclement weather, Arundel Child Care Connections will follow Anne Arundel County Public Schools for CLOSING (code red).
If you are unsure about the status of our office and /or training please give us a call at: 443-782-5001